Sunday, August 16, 2015

Comerica Park Birthday Cake

For David's 7th birthday, we followed a baseball theme. We went to the Tigers game this past weekend, had his friend birthday party at the Loons Game on Thursday, and he wanted a Comerica Park Cake for his birthday here. 
This cake was pretty difficult and I would do some things differently if I did it again. The front stadium is made of Rice Krispie treats that are covered with fondant. I would have done all of the sides with Rice Krispies if I did it again. For the statues, I started with a toothpick. I pushed the body part on the toothpick, added fondant legs, head, baseball hat, and arms. Then I stuck the toothpick in the cake. I cut the top of the remaining toothpick off so you can't see the toothpick. I didn't make the car out by center field. We had a Happy Birthday car, so we put that on top. The Pepsi logo is just made from fondant and placed on a toothpick. The scoreboard is made from Rice Krispies; I wrote Happy 7th Birthday, David on the scoreboard. The lights are just fondant. (I was getting tired so I only did two of these.) The people in the stands are round sprinkles I got from Hobby Lobby. 



It isn't the neatest cake in the world, but he was happy with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment