Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Detroit Tiger All-Star Voting Food Campaigns

My boys are huge Tiger fans. So, when they found out that Miguel Cabrera may not make it to the All-Star Game, they were pretty upset. They decided to take matters into their own hands. We have made cakes for a lot of occasions, so they immediately thought to make a #VoteMiggy cake. The boys came up with the design. I just baked and arranged the cupcakes. I do have a square cupcake pan, so all the cupcakes that went in the middle of the design were square cupcakes. 

I used fondant to make the D and the bases. The rest is just cake decorating frosting. The boys wanted to add Teddy Grahams for players as well. I think it turned out pretty well! Plus, we shared it with David's minor league baseball team that night. They all loved it! 


Now that the voting is coming to a close, they wanted to do another food campaign for some of their other favorite players. I recently bought a social media cookie cutter set, so that made these sugar cookies pretty easy. I made a glaze frosting of 1 cup powdered sugar, 4 teaspoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 Tablespoon light karo syrup. I added food gel to each bowl to color the glaze. 



No comments:

Post a Comment